At John Nelson Darby Academy, our goal is to teach your child to think in such a way that he or she makes wise, God-honoring decisions throughout life. In order to teach your child to think, we have to give your child a foundation knowledge in a broad range of subjects. We also have to develop a Biblical worldview, which will serve as a filter for the mountainous amount of information your child will be confronted with on a daily basis.
While this is what we do, we recognize that YOU, THE PARENT are the primary molder and shaper of your child’s thinking. We are a partner brought alongside, at your choice, to enhance the work you are doing as a parent.
Because we are in partnership with you, and because you are the lead partner, our theological perspective cannot be in conflict with your biblical and theological values. Because of this, we insist that parents recognize our theological perspective before enlisting us to help form the way their child thinks.
Theological Perspectives of the JND Academy
- We believe that the 66 books of the Bible are true in any and all matters, whether spiritual, historical, scientific, or otherwise.
- We believe that the Scriptures are complete in 66 books and that no further revelation from God is necessary to be fully equipped for every good work.
- We believe that the King James Version of the Bible is the most literal and accurate English translation to date, but we also believe there is value in studying the Scriptures in their original languages.
- We do not believe that God speaks today through dreams, visions, circumstances, or feelings. God has given his complete revelation in the 66 books of the Bible.
- We believe that salvation is available to any who hear the gospel.
- We believe that any child enrolled at John Nelson Darby Academy has the mental capacity to respond to the gospel, and will encourage all our students to place their faith in Jesus Christ as their Savior if they have not already done so.
- We reject the doctrines of Calvinism, which state that some who hear the gospel are unable to respond with saving faith.
- We believe that Jesus Christ will return to earth suddenly and unannounced to remove all believers from this earth before the time of tribulation that precedes the Second Coming of Jesus Christ.
- We believe in the Trinity and the full deity of Jesus Christ.
- We believe that the Bible must be rightly divided in order to be correctly applied. We do not claim promises nor put ourselves under obligations that are not directed toward believers in the Age of Grace. Our doctrines for salvation and Christian living are “Free Grace” and based on the teachings of the Apostle Paul.
- We believe that Christians are free from the Old Testament Law, in totality.
- We believe that Christian morality and responsibility is rooted in the New Testament and in the character of God.
- We believe that students who are well rounded in their education are the best thinkers, so we want your child to have a strong base of knowledge in grammar, literature, history, science, math, and languages.
Thank you for considering us as a partner in changing the way your child thinks!