We are thrilled that you have decided to join the John Nelson Darby Academy family.
Our enrollment criteria is threefold –
- Is the child academically ready for the coursework?
- If you are uncertain whether your child is at grade-level, we can do placement testing.
- If your child can read, is proficient with basic computer skills, and has the discipline to focus on classwork, then we can get your child to grade-level and beyond!
- In an online school setting, a 3rd grader would need some fundamental computer skills to navigate the digital learning environment effectively. They should be able to operate a computer or tablet, understand how to turn the device on and off, and know how to charge it. Basic skills like using a keyboard and mouse or touchscreen for input are essential. They need to know how to open and close applications, and navigate an internet browser to access their online classroom platform. Additionally, they should understand how to upload and download text-based assignments (we will give them instructions). Comprehension of basic digital etiquette is important too, such as knowing how to communicate respectfully online. These skills are fundamental for online learning, and it’s important that parents and teachers provide guidance and practice opportunities to ensure the student becomes comfortable with these tasks.
- Are the parents able to participate in the child’s education by being with the child for supervision and assistance during school hours?
- We do not accept children who will not have adequate supervision during school hours.
- Do the parents recognize the doctrinal convictions of the school, and recognize that these convictions will be communicated to their child in almost every class, with a goal of persuading their child toward these convictions?
- We believe that parents are the primary teachers, and we are their partner. We do not accept children if we believe that our educational and spiritual goals will be in competition with the parent’s philosophies and belief system.
- Please read the Theological Perspectives Statement prior to completing the enrollment form.
To begin, please fill out the form below. You will be charged a $100 non-refundable matriculation fee (limit of three matriculation fees per family – if you have more than two, please contact us prior to enrollment).